Xenopus Housing System
The Xenopus Housing System is designed for the African Clawed Frog but can house other aquatic species as well. It is available in a 3- or 4-rows configuration with 16 , 23 or 40 litre tanks. The Iwaki Aquatic Life Support Controller monitors and controls the system with any internet ready device and cloud based software and sends out emails or SMS when parameters are out of range. The Iwaki precision pumps accurately dose required chemicals which together with the filtration system will keep the water in optimal condition.
Xenopus Housing System
- Available in three or four shelf configurations.
- Available in stand-alone, flow-through, and multi-rack configurations with a centralized life support system
- Powder coated aluminum or stainless steel rack options
- FDA approved 16-litre, 23-litre or 40-litre polycarbonate tanks. Tanks features “flood and flush” tank siphon drain mechanism for superior solids removal. Dual standpipe drain design is made of clear PVC for visual inspection of any fouling over time.
- Tanks are positioned on a solid shelf and drain into a drainage manifold.
- Solid shelf provides improved biosecurity and reduced tank algal growth
- Five stage filtration system
- Mechanical pre-filter
- Zero maintenance, oversized moving bed biofilter
- Large capacity 12 ft2 50-micron cartridge filter (3-4-week exchange)
- Large capacity 3 lbs. activated carbon filter (3-4-week exchange)
- UV disinfection rate of 110 mJ/cm2 at 12-month end of lamp life. UV mounted on side of rack for easy access
- All components are supported by the rack above the laboratory floor for ease of cleaning
- Filtration and UV bypass so system can be serviced while running
- Advance Walchem W900 life support controller with pH, conductivity, temperature probes in flow cell. Walchem probes are industrial grade and only require calibration every three months. System includes level sensor and flow sensor for safety and shut-down of electrical components in the event of a low water or low flow situation. Option for dissolved oxygen or total dissolved gas probes.
- Monitor or control your system locally or remotely (via any internet ready device)
- Chart and graph water quality parameters over time
- Life support controller sends email or SMS text alerts when parameters are out of range
- pH and conductivity dosing system with proven Iwaki metering pumps and large capacity dosing solution reservoirs (3-4 week refill).
- Programmable automatic water exchange
- System plumbing is designed with unions in strategic locations so the entire system can be disassembled for cleaning
- Chilling and heating options
- Systems and tanks are designed to support up to 1 adult Xenopus laevis per 3.0 litres or 1 adult Xenopus tropicalis per 0.75 litres
LAbREED™ Zebrafish Tanks
The LAbREED™ Zebrafish Tanks are designed specifically for the LAbREED™ Zebrafish System and come in three sizes : 2 litre, 4.5 litre and 9 litre. They only consist of three parts, tank, tank lid and adult baffle, and are therefore very easy to clean and to set up.
LAbREED™ Zebrafish Rack
The LAbREED™ Zebrafish Rack can hold 5 or 6 rows of Zebrafish Tanks with volumes of 2, 4.5 or 9 litre. The Iwaki Aquatic Life Support Controller monitors and controls the system with any internet ready device and cloud based software and sends out emails or SMS when parameters are out of range. The Iwaki precision pumps accurately dose required chemicals which together with the filtration system will keep the water in optimal condition.