Wire Bar Lid Adapter
The Wire Bar Lid Adapter is a receptacle that allows a wide variety of wire bar lids to accept either a 384 ml or 236 ml water filled Hydropac™ Pouch and sterile Disposable Valve™. This design protects the pouch material from animal access. A stainless steel grommet secures the valve into place, while a self-centering rib positions the valve between lid wires.
Wire Bar Lid Adapters
For European Cages
- Adapter can be placed in the wire bar lid of Type 2, 3 and 4 lids of various manufacturers
- Place Sterile Disposable Valve™ in to the grommet and place Hydropac™ Pouch on top
- Easy to change the Pouch
- Self-centering rib ensures proper positioning of the valve
- Polycarbonate version is autoclavable @ 121 ºC
- Polysulfone version is autoclavable @ 134 ºC
- Polythermide version is autoclavable @ 134 ºC (slightly yellow coloured, more durable then Polysulfone)
Cage Type 2L
Conventional EU Type 2L Cage for housing mice, available in polycarbonate or polysulfone. Interchangable with other manufacturer’s type 2L cages and wire bar lids.
AWS-2500 Pouch Machine
The Hydropac™ AWS-2500 Pouch Machine is an automatic packaging machine that produces water filled Hydropac™ Pouches using specially formulated Hydroseal™ Pouch Film. Filled pouches are a convenient, reliable and economical drinking water source for virtually all research rodents, and can be stored for extended periods, while maintaining water quality. Producing up to 600 pouches an hour (10 per minute), the machine is operated through a user friendly, Touch Screen Control Panel. Water pouch size is selectable.
The Silicone Patch provides a quick and convenient method for sample withdrawal or injecting precise doses of liquid into Hydropac™ Pouches with a syringe. When pierced by a syringe needle, the material self-seals and remains sealed after removal of the needle. Each patch includes a FDA grade adhesive (outer ring) on one side. The centre area is free of adhesive, allowing a syringe to only penetrate the patch and pouch film materials. Apply multiple patches for multiple injections or withdrawals. Patches simply remain with the pouch for disposal.