The MRI-1 Ventilator is a small animal ventilator designed for use in MRI and other high magnetic field environments. The system comprises a microprocessor-based control unit and a set of remote, pneumatically operated, non-metallic valves. The MRI-1 can operate by itself or can be controlled and/or monitored by a computer.
The MRI-1 operates on the flow-time principle: an inspiratory airflow is established and gated into the animal for a known time, thus producing a known volume. This approach provides extraordinary flexibility — a wide range of volumes, breaths-per-minute, and I/E ratios are possible with no hardware changes, and using just three front-panel controls.
Respiratory airflow is provided by an internal airpump. Alternatively, an external pressurized gas source can be attached (oxygen or anesthetic gasses). The remote high-speed, miniature pneumatic valves do the actual airflow switching. By locating these valves close to the animal (including inside the magnet bore if necessary), dead-space and tubing compliance are minimized.
- MRI compatible ventilator
- Non-magnetic pneumatic valves (XS, S, & M sized valves available depending on weight of animal)
- Dependable all-electronic ventilator
- Wide tidal volume and rate range
- Mice to Monkeys (up to 10kg with appropriate valve & accessories)
- Safe with oxygen and anesthesia
- Direct readout of volume and rate
- Easy to set up
Technical Specifications ;
- Respiratory rate range: 5 – 200 breaths/min
- Inspiratory flow range: 60 – 1000ml/min
- Inspiration/Expiration (I/E ratio) range: 20 – 80%
- Tidal volume range: 0.1 – 30ml
- Manual control functions: HOLD (suspends inspiration), MAN (manual inflation)
- LCD panel: 4 lines x 20 chars, backlit
- Indicator lights: INSPIRATION, LOW PRES WARNING, ERROR
- Internal airpump capacity: 4 lpm
- Pneumatic valve switching speed (air actuation): < 75mS
- Pneumatic valve switching speed (Helium actuation): < 55mS
- Pneumatic valve actuation pressure: 3 – 5 bar
- Pneumatic valve flow orifices: 0.080 in. (2.0mm)
- Pneumatic valve materials: PTFE body, non-metallic fasteners, one non-ferrous coil spring
- Dimensions, main unit: 9W x 5.5H x 9D in. (23 x 14 x 23cm)
- Dimensions, pneumatic valve (each, of two): 1.0 dia x 1.8 long, in. (47 x 25mm)
- Port connections, respiratory and pressure functions: 0.125″ (3mm) ID Tygon tubing
- SYNC OUT connector: BNC
- Data Port connector: DB-25S
- Power requirements: 120/240V (switchable), 100VA
AD-5000 Digital Anaesthesia System
The AD-5000 Digital Anaesthesia System incorporates a unique and clear touch control screen giving the operator a full range of practical features including precise and simultaneous flow control in the range of 0.5 to 2.5 L/min to 2 breathers and 1 induction chamber. The exclusive flow circuit allows the user to choose any combination of outputs while the digital flow control automatically adjusts for the correct flow rates. The induction chamber and breathing circuits include an elapse timer for accurate monitoring to prevent over exposure to the subject.
EZ-SA800 Single Animal System
The EZ-SA800 Single Animal System accommodates animals ranging in size from neonate mice to rabbits and is designed for anaesthetising one animal at a time. It has 2 valves that enable anaesthesia output to be directed to the induction chamber and/or the breathing circuit.
SAR-1000 Advanced Volume-Pressure Ventilator
The SAR-1000 Volume-Pressure Ventilator operates as a volume or pressure-cycled ventilator for mice, rats and guinea pigs and an optional upgrade is available to accommodate rabbits. VOLUME mode delivers a fixed tidal volume on each breath, and PRESSURE mode causes inflation to stop at a preset airway pressure. In either mode, lung inflation is maintained at the end of inspiration until the percent inspiration (%Insp) time has elapsed.